How to drink apple cider vinegar? In this article, learn more about apple cider vinegar, its benefits, and ways to drink it. Apple cider vinegar, also called cider vinegar, is a type of vinegar taken from fermented apple juice in the process where apples are crushed. Apple cider vinegar is a primary ingredient in vinaigrette, salad dressing, marinade, chutney, and other food preservatives.
Apple cider vinegar has been utilized in cooking and acts as a natural remedy for thousands of years now. Many have tried and tested their health benefits. That includes weight loss, improved blood sugar levels, indigestion remedy, lowers cholesterol, and diminishes the risk of many cancers (slowing down cell production), and cardiovascular illnesses.
Based on studies, an average of four teaspoons (20 ml) of apple cider vinegar daily before meals were shown to lower blood sugar levels. Combine it with a few ounces of water and taken before a heavy carbo-packed meal. Apple cider vinegar is an herbal laxative that promotes good digestion as well, improving your body’s insulin sensitivity and increasing satiety levels. That allows your stomach to feel fuller longer, which helps in removing your belly fat and encourages weight loss. Learn more about apple cider vinegar and 30 interesting, advantageous ways to consume it wisely for better overall health.
7 Ways On How to Drink Apple Cider Vinegar
- ACV Smoothie: Take two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and mix it with your morning smoothie. This spikes energy. Note that the flavor is strong, so limit the amount to your liking.
- ACV Liver Detoxifier Tonic: Mix sparkling water (8 ounces) with a few tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This tonic solution works well to protect your liver.
- ACV Metabolism Enhancer: Apple cider is known to be a good fat burner and by adding a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and drinking it before each workout, you will be promoting a better exercise routine that aids in weight loss.
- ACV Digestive Tonic: Combine 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a tablespoon of water, fresh ginger, and lemon juice. Add another 8 ounces of sparkling water, and finally, raw honey to taste. Pour the tonic over ice and enjoy. Ginger is known for soothing the stomach.
- ACV Fitness Tonic: Combine apple cider vinegar with raw honey, cayenne pepper, and distilled water for a general health tonic.
- ACV Post-Workout Recovery Solution: Combat lactic acid buildup by adding a tablespoon of ACV inside your bottle of water after each workout.
- ACV Beverages and Mocktail Mixes
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey Summer Drink
- ACV Tea
- Lemon, Honey, Cider and Garlic Summer Infusion
- Berry and Lemon Mocktail
- Watermelon Mocktail
- Honey and Ginger Mocktail
- Passionfruit and Honey Mocktail
- Pineapple Mocktail
- Berries Mocktail
Other Ways On How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar
- ACV Salad Dressing: Use apple cider vinegar in homemade dressings in place of balsamic vinegar for that fresh salad serving. This makes an interesting alternative as well as a different kick in taste to your salad.
- ACV Facial Toner: Apple cider vinegar acts as a beauty enhancer. Simply blend 1 part apple cider vinegar and 3 to 4 parts water works as a toner for the face, clearing it of impurities. Use cotton to rub gently in a circular motion then allow to sit for about ten minutes. Perform at least 3x daily.
- ACV Body Scrub: Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with a cup of granulated sugar + 1 tablespoon honey. Place in a small container and use it as a body scrub.
- AVC as an All-Purpose Cleaner: Mix apple cider vinegar with water in equal parts (e.g. 1 cup is to 1 cup). Next, place a couple of drop or two of essential oil like a lemon essential oil. This works as a strong all-purpose cleaner on any surface you want to clean.
- ACV Bath Detox: Fill up one cup of apple cider vinegar, two cups of Epsom salts, and finally some drops of lavender essential oil into your running bathwater. This will detoxify and calm your body for a relaxing bathing experience.
- ACV Hair Treatment: Briefly soak your hair with a third cup of apple cider upon finishing shampooing. The treatment works best for greasy and tangly hair.
- ACV Sore Throat Relaxant: Combine equal parts water with apple cider vinegar (e.g. 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup water). Gargle the solution. You can use it every hour until the sore throat goes away.
- ACV as Buttermilk Alternative: As a dairy-free buttermilk substitute, combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with one cup milk. Stir then let it sit until the solution thickens. Another method would be to use apple cider vinegar as bitter rice milk. Perform the same steps and using the 1 tablespoon to 1 cup ratio. This makes for a nice dairy-free alternative for making tasty recipes to make good biscuits or cornbread.
- ACV Hair Product Buildup Remover: Apply 1 – 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar onto your scalp. This acts as a powerful solution to fight hair product buildup.
- ACV Marinade: Apple cider vinegar works as a good marinade for steaks. Combine it with your regular marinade, or use only a few tablespoons to half a cup (depending on size) to marinade and soak. This ACV marinade will give your food a delicious outcome.
- ACV Teeth Whitener: Apple cider vinegar is potent and promotes good, white teeth. Using it as a gargle mixed with water right after brushing also helps to remove stains and strengthen gums.
- ACV Mouthwash: Combining half a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with a cup of water, you can quickly get rid of bad breath. Gargle for 10 seconds, spit then repeat to banish bad breath.
- ACV Fruit Fly Banisher: By pouring a small layer of apple cider vinegar onto a dish soap, you can fight fruit flies off. They will find the scent overwhelming and get stuck in the solution.
- ACV Cat Urine Odor Exterminator: If your cat accidentally pees in several areas in your home, placing apple cider vinegar in the area helps fix it. Or, pour some ACV into your laundry to get rid of the foul odor.
- ACV Rust and Mineral Stain Remover: Place a good amount of apple cider vinegar in some fabric and wipe around mineral stained countertops or rusted surfaces. Allow it to absorb overnight. Notice how it eliminates stains the day after.
Apple cider vinegar is a great natural remedy, body booster, and cleanser. Now you know the many ways on how to drink apple cider vinegar and more ways to use it.